Chamber Webinar - Tennessee's Drug-Free Workplace Program
Tennessee’s Drug-Free Workplace Program
Wednesday, January 26, 10:00–11:30 am (ET)
The Zoom link will be emailed to registrants two days before the Webinar.
W. Lance Wheaton, Program Coordinator, Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace,, Bureau of Workers Compensation, Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Free to attend. Zoom link will be emailed two days before the webinar.
The Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Program is designed to increase productivity for Tennessee employers and promote safe worksites for employees by promoting drug- and alcohol-free workplaces.
Worksites where workers are not impaired by drugs and alcohol are safer worksites and can operate in an enhanced competitive position that is free from the costs, delays and tragedies that accompany workplace accidents resulting from substance abuse related injuries.
If these are not reasons enough to participate in the program, consider:
- Workmen’s Compensation Claims: 38% to 50% of all Workers' Compensation claims are related to substance abuse in the workplace; substance abusers file three to five times as many Worker's Compensation claims.
- Medical Costs: Substance abusers incur 300% higher medical costs than non-abusers.
- Absenteeism: Substance abusers are 2.5 times more likely to be absent eight or more days a year.
- Lost productivity: Substance abusers are 1/3 less productive.
- Employee Turnover: It costs a business an average of $7,000 to replace a salaried worker.
- Advantages of being a TN Drug-Free Workplace
- Training, Awareness and Testing Programs
- Suggestions about writing your Substance Abuse Policy
- Recommendations for Implementing the Program
- How to complete the application to be a TN Drug-Free Workplace
Roane State Community College will give Continuing Education Units (CEU) for this workshop.
Date and Time
Wednesday Jan 26, 2022
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EST
Wednesday, January 16, 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am (EST)
Online Webinar - Zoom Link will be emailed two days before the Webinar