Activities leader (volunteer)
Job Summary: Volunteer activity leaders and youth activity leaders plan and carry out activities with guests at the Day Center. Activities can include tutoring, arts and crafts, assistance with completing resumes, or any other area in which the volunteer has interest or particular skills.
- Plan an activity for children, adults or families at the Day Center.
- Provide the Director with a description of the planned activity and a list of any needed supplies.
- Carry out the activity at the Day Center.
- Provide hospitality to guests and protect guest confidentiality at all times.
- Supervise guest activities if the activity is to take place when the Director and Case Manager are out of the office.
Supervision: Volunteer activity leaders and volunteer assistant activity leaders report to the Director, who will provide training for volunteers. The Director is available to volunteers on an ongoing basis to answer questions or provide additional information.
Qualifications: Volunteer activity leaders must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Volunteer youth activity leaders must be a minimum of 14 years of age supervised by a volunteer activity leader, or serving at a time when their work can be supervised by the Director or Case Manager. Children (under 14 years of age) must be supervised by their parent or guardian. All activity leaders must have an ability to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds, be sensitive to the issues related to family homelessness, and demonstrate a commitment to protecting guest confidentiality.
Hours: The Day Center is open from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm every day of the year. Specific hours can be arranged with the Director.
Benefits: Training and ongoing supervision provided by the Director, experience working with people from diverse backgrounds in a social service setting, and the opportunity to provide hospitality to guests.