Office Angel (volunteer)
Job Summary: The volunteer office angel answers the Day Center phone, assists with basic office duties, and oversees guest activities.
- Answer the Day Center phone and take messages for staff or guests.
- Assist with basic office duties such as filing.
- Provide hospitality to guests by being available to answer questions and assist with activities.
- Supervise the Day Center to ensure guest safety when the Director and Case Manager are out of the office.
- Protect guest confidentiality at all times.
Supervision: The volunteer office angel reports to the Program Director, who will provide training for volunteers. The Director is available to volunteers on an ongoing basis to answer questions or provide additional information.
Qualifications: Volunteer office angel must be a minimum of 18 years of age, have an ability to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds, be sensitive to the issues related to family homelessness, and demonstrate a commitment to protecting guest confidentiality.
Hours: The Day Center is open from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm every day of the year. Specific hours can be arranged with the Director. (weekend receptionist needed)
Benefits: Training and ongoing supervision provided by the Director. Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds in a social service setting, and the opportunity to provide hospitality to guests.